An exceptional site in the Dordogne-Périgord to experience camping differently!
Where to swim in Dordogne ?
Looking for places to relax and swim? Yes, but where to swim in the Dordogne? With its rivers, lakes, natural beaches and aquatic centers, the region has no shortage of places to have fun on or in the water. No matter which part of the Périgord you choose, it is not difficult to find pleasant places to swim. Le Moulin de Surier, a campsite in the Dordogne with a swimming pool and a lake, offers you to discover some of the best swimming spots in the purple, black, white and green Périgord during your next camping vacations in the Dordogne.
The bathing places of the Purple Perigord
Crossed by the Dordogne River, the Purple Perigord is ideal for swimming! Whether you are looking for a place surrounded by green nature, a festive place, new water sensations, or relaxation, there is something for all tastes and ages.
Where to swim near Bergerac ?
Are you planning a stay in Bergerac or its surroundings? On the spot, you can choose between :
- The Lake of Pombonne in Bergerac and its 55 hectares in the middle of nature is open from 10 am to 7 pm;
- TheAqualud in Bergerac: this modern aquatic complex offers three pools, a children’s area, a wellness area and a private outdoor beach;
- TheAquapark of Saint-Laurent-des-Vignes: ideal for family vacationers, this water park located between Monbazillac and Bergerac has 4 outdoor pools and slides.
Among the places of bathing not to be missed during your next stay in the Purple Perigord, you can also opt for :
- The Lake of Gurson in Villefranche de Lurchat : open from 11am to 7pm, this swimming place will also make the happiness of the fishermen;
- The Aquafun in Alles-sur-Dordogne located 20 km from the vacation village Le Moulin de Surier, canoeing and kayaking awaits holidaymakers for a most pleasant trip along the water.
- The beach of the port of Limeuil located at about twenty minutes of the Mill of Surier;
- The Beach of Buisson de Cadouin at 21 km from the Moulin de Surier ;
- The Beach of the Bac de Sors in Alles sur Dordogne ;
- The nautical base of Tremolat
Stay in a campsite in Dordogne with swimming pool and lake
Finally, vacationers who choose to stay at the vacation village in Dordogne, Le Moulin de Surier will also find something to satisfy them, just a few steps from their tree house or rental. Indeed, they will be able to dive, have fun and enjoy the leisure facilities available on site; such as canoeing or pedal boats, but also beach volleyball in our campsite with lake in Dordogne. Moreover, holidaymakers can also opt for a second place to swim by joining the aquatic area of the campsite located near Bergerac and many classified villages.
Swimming places of the Black Perigord
Both the Dordogne and the Vézère rivers flow through the Périgord Noir in the eastern part of the region, which is also particularly well suited for cooling off and having fun in the water during the summer. Whether you are looking for a place to swim along the Dordogne or the Vézère, you will be able to relax and access a host of water activities.
Take advantage of the Dordogne and Vézère valleys for swimming
Close to Sarlat La Canéda, emblematic city of the Black Perigord, it will be possible to reach sandy or pebble beaches as well as ponds.
The beaches near Sarlat
- The beach of Castelnaud-la-Chapelle: located below the village and its castle, the setting is ideal with its bridge that crosses the Dordogne;
- Le plan d’eau du Roc percé: appreciated for its sandy beach with supervised swimming, it is located 12km from Sarlat;
- The beach of Malartrie in La Roque Gageac : pebble beach with view on the cliffs and guinguette ;
- The beach of the bridge of Vitrac: grass beach bordered by a guinguette with possibility of making canoe there;
- The beach of Caudon in Montfort: pebble beach with the possibility of canoeing;
- The beach of Enveaux in St-Vincent-de-Cosse at 15km from Sarlat;
- The beach of Coux and Bigaroque at about thirty minutes from Sarlat.
Further north, along the Vézère river, holidaymakers can join :
- The Aquaparc du Coucou and its inflatable structures on the water in Hautefort;
- The Aquatic Lagoon of Journiac.
Ponds near Sarlat
- Thepond of Tamnies: located near the castle of Commarque and the Eyzies de Taillac, the pond offers a pleasant relaxing break between your visits to discover the various of the region;
- Thepond of Groléjac located at 15km from Sarlat;
- The lake of Fénelon in Lamothe fénelon.
The bathing places of the Green Perigord
Located in the northernmost part of the department, the Périgord Vert has a lot to offer to nature lovers with its Périgord-Limousin regional nature park. They will be able to reach the largest lake in the region. Indeed, the Grand Etang de St-Estèphe offers a multitude of activities in addition to swimming (supervised during the summer season). The program includes hiking, orienteering, tennis, archery, etc. In addition to the Grand Etang de Saint-Estèphe, you can also count on :
- The Great Pond of La Jemaye at La Jemaye-Ponteyraud;
- The Base de Loisirs de Rouffiac in Angoisse located at 28 km from Thiviers;
- The water level of Saint-Saud-Lacoussière near Brantôme.
The bathing places of the White Périgord
Castle, cathedral and other religious and historical monuments have shaped the character of the White Périgord. There are fewer places to swim than in the other territories of the Dordogne. Thus, when asked where to swim near Périgueux, you can go to the beach of Cubjac. For those who are looking for a place near Neuvic, the Lac de Neuf Font will undoubtedly make them happy. Located at about twenty minutes from Neuvic, it offers a beach, a guinguette, paddle and even a swimming area reserved for dogs.
With so many possibilities, answering the question “where to swim in the Dordogne?” for your next vacation in the purple, black, white or green Perigord should not be very complicated.